Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
What is Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA)?
HTMA is a safe and non-invasive pathology test. It measures the levels and comparative ratios of nutrient and toxic minerals found in hair.
Benefits of HTMA
- Safe, scientific, non-invasive pathology test.
- Reliable data on more than 35 nutrient and toxic minerals, and over 25 important mineral ratios.
- Valuable health information often not revealed in standard blood and urine tests.
- Discovery of nutrient mineral imbalances or toxic mineral excesses that may be affecting your health.
- Personalised patient and doctor interpretive test reports that assess your current mineral status, highlight areas of concern and recommend dietary changes and supplements for improved health and wellbeing.
HTMA vs Testing Blood
Measuring the mineral content of blood gives a good indication of the minerals being transported around the body. However, it cannot accurately measure the minerals stored in the tissue.
- About 30-40 days after acute lead poisoning, elevated serum lead levels may be undetectable. This is because the body removes lead from the blood as a protective measure and deposits it into tissues such as the liver, bones, teeth and hair.